- Guide type: Installation
- Guide focus: Initial preparation of the operating system, the running of the installation program from beginning to end, and a number of simple post installations steps.
- Tier 1 – repository and common services
- Tier 2 – engine
- Operating system: AIX 7.1
- Package versions used:
- Suite – Information Server V126.96.36.199
- Repository – DB2 Enterprise 10.5
- Common Services – WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5 Network Deployment
- XL C/C++ for AIX – V12.1
This guide leads you through the process of preparing your AIX environment for the successful installation of an IBM Information Server V188.8.131.52 2-tier instance. In addition, you will be given tips and tricks gained over 10 years of installing IBM’s InfoSphere Information Server to help ensure the success of your install, as well as give you insight as to why you’re are configuring the system in the manner detailed.
This guide covers only the installation of the DataStage component of IBM’s Information Server. Additional components like the Information Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer and more are NOT covered in this guide. Alternate guides will be made available in future to detail the installation of additional components.
Please Note: This guide is password protected using your email address, prohibiting the printing of this guide.